- Director, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology
If you are a patient, please do not contact a physician by email without his/her prior expressed consent due to confidentiality concerns.
|Mailing Address:||2356 Sutter Ave, 7th Floor, Box 0916,
San Francisco, CA 94143
|Academic Assistant:||415/353-3071, 415/353-9776|
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: Epidemiologic evaluation of PCOS in adolescent females, effect of the PCOS phenotype on cardiovascular risk; study of the intrafollicular environment, clinical and genetic markers of ovarian aging; assisted reproductive technologies, development of new oocyte/embryo freezing protocols, research into new ovulation induction protocols for the difficult patients, fertility preservation for cancer patients.
|Year||Institution & Location||Degree||Field of Study|
|1981||University of Texas Southwestern School of Medicine, Dallas, Texas||MD||Medicine|
|1981-85||Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Texas||Internship/Residency||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|1985-87||University of California Los Angeles, California||Fellowship||Reproductive Endocrinology|
|2003||Harvard School of Public Health||Course for Vice-Chair||Leadership|
|2004-05||ELAM (Executive Leadership In Academic Medicine), Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia||Leadership Training|
Achievements & Recognition
|1994-present||(most recent nomination 2007) Best Doctors in America|
|1997||Good Housekeeping: Best Doctors for Women|
|2002, 2004, 2006||Best Physicians; San Francisco Magazine|
- 1. Luke B, Brown MB, Grainger DA, Stern JE, Klein N, Cedars MI. The effect of early fetal losses on twin assisted-conception pregnancy outcomes. Fertil Steril. 2009 Jun;91(6):2586-2592. Epub 2008 Sep 18.
- 2. Luke B, Brown MB, Grainger DA, Stern JE, Klein N, Cedars MI; A SART Writing Group. The effect of early fetal losses on singleton assisted-conception pregnancy outcomes. Fertil Steril. 2009 Jun;91(6):2578-2585. Epub 2008 Jun 18.
- 3. Rosen MP, Zamah AM, Shen S, Dobson AT, McCulloch CE, Rinaudo PF, Lamb JD, Cedars MI. The effect of follicular fluid hormones on oocyte recovery after ovarian stimulation: FSH level predicts oocyte recovery. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009 Apr 23;7:35.
- 4. Luke B, Brown MB, Grainger DA, Cedars M, Klein N, Stern JE; a Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology Writing Group. Practice patterns and outcomes with the use of single embryo transfer in the United States. Fertil Steril. 2009 Apr 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- 5. Lo B, Parham L, Broom C, Cedars M, Gates E, Giudice L, Halme DG, Hershon W, Kriegstein A, Kwok PY, Oberman M, Roberts C, Wagner R. Importing human pluripotent stem cell lines derived at another institution: tailoring review to ethical concerns. Cell Stem Cell. 2009 Feb 6;4(2):115-23. P
- 6. Rosen MP, Shen S, Dobson AT, Rinaudo PF, McCulloch CE, Cedars MI. A quantitative assessment of follicle size on oocyte developmental competence. Fertil Steril. 2008 Sep;90(3):684-90. Epub 2008 Feb 4.
- 7. Mersereau JE, Plunkett BA, Cedars MI. Preimplantation genetic screening in older women: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Fertil Steril. 2008 Sep;90(3):592-8. Epub 2007 Nov 14.
- 8. Mersereau JE, Evans ML, Moore DH, Liu JH, Thomas MA, Rebar RW, Pennington E, Cedars MI. Luteal phase estrogen is decreased in regularly menstruating older women compared with a reference population of younger women. Menopause. 2008 May-Jun;15(3):482-6.
- 9. Practice Committee of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology; Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Guidelines for development of an emergency plan for in vitro fertilization programs. Fertil Steril. 2008 Apr;89(4):793-5.
- 10. Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine Progesterone supplementation during the luteal phase and in early pregnancy in the treatment of infertility: an educational bulletin. Fertil Steril. 2008 Apr;89(4):789-92.